Go back to previous page


When chartering a yacht as a bareboat, means that you will not need a skipper and that you are the responsible one for both navigation and safety on board.

Port authorities in France require a certificate of competence in navigation; RYA day skipper, International Certificate of Competence or national equivalent.

Before you depart, the local port police will check all the documents necessary for leaving the port, including your certificate.

When entering a new port, the Port Police has the right to check your sailing licenses but mostly they only check the boat papers. So you should be prepared at any time. Licences that are also accepted are the International Certificate of Competence or RYA coastal skipper and yachtmaster offshore as well as other higher cirtificates.

Also, if you own your certificate, but do not have enough experience or do not feel certain about your abilities, you can always hire a skipper, who can help you improve your skipper's skills.


Skippered charter in France Crewed charter in France


Luxury yachts in France Motor yachts in France Sailing boats in France Catamarans in France Motor sailers in France Gulets in France